Friday, January 30, 2009

The Final Highlights

Since there's just too much that's gone down in the last few days you are just going to have to deal with the reader's digest version, so bear with me. Yesterday we hit up the Karnak and Luxor temples, which really were incredible. There is so much history crammed into those places that it blows your mind. Here's a view of the Karnak temple, and it really only shows a sliver of what's there.
The Luxor temple was equally astounding, and I finally got to apply some of that art history knowledge from high school. It always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when something from high school proves useful. After the temple expeditions, a group of us went out to the Bazaar again...this time with Bryan as our bodyguard. We even made friends with a kid who worked at our hotel and took a ride on the little community buses just like locals. We were legit baby...2 legit 2 quit haha.

The end of the day was quite possibly one of the lowest points of my life here in the Jeru program. We spent the night on an overnight train and I actually slept in a bed that's been used by who knows what. I couldn't have stomached it had I not been under the influence of benadryl. This was my face before the drugs took effect.

Today made considerable improvement with the Hard Rock Cafe. Aside from eating the most delicious burger, fries, and chocolate pudding this side of hemisphere, we also got to rock out with the Hard Rock Cafe crew. Here's Stefanie and I lookin REAL hard core.

Another day found us at the Muhammad Ali Mosque where I saw some of the most beautiful lights and windows of my life. I love that it you can feel the spirit in sacred places of different religions. It just makes God all the more real. Here's a group of us just outside the mosque. Basically, I love Egypt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment